Codes of Conduct Policy
Little Athletics Victoria expects all members to comply with the Codes of Conduct.
1. Appropriate action may be taken in the case of any breaches of the Code of Conduct.
2. Little Athletics Victoria will ensure that all athletes, coaches, spectators, parents, officials and administrators are not prone to sexual abuse, neglect, physical abuse or emotional abuse.
3. They will ensure that all persons are included, protected and not discriminated against in any manner.
4. Little Athletics Victoria is registered as an Incorporated Association as protection for its Centres, Committees and its Members
Codes of Conduct
1. Little Athletes
Create a comfortable, safe & inclusive environment to encourage the involvement and participation of families.
• Advertise your Centre through the use of flyers, signage and word of mouth;
• Consider costs to allow as many people to participate;
• Control the business of the Centre by being focused on objectives of the LAVic Constitution;
• Implement a succession plan to assist members and administrators;
• Identify and manage any financial or non-financial risks of the Centre;
• Create a mandatory minimum checking standard to keep children safe by ensuring Working with Children Checks are in place.
CHILD SAFE POLICY
Little Athletics Victoria is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people involved in Little Athletics. The rights of children are fundamental.
Little Athletics Victoria supports the active participation of children in Little Athletics.
This Policy provides the Little Athletics Body and Members guidance to ensure a safe and inclusive environment for all children in Little Athletics and to assist with obligations under child protection laws.