While a few families took advantage of the King’s Birthday long weekend and headed away, most families opted to still attend Cross Country, where fun runs were conducted this week at Egan’s Reserve, Greendale.
The Under 6 athletes competed in their usual 500m distance while all other age groups raced the same course, set amongst the reserve grounds. All events were unofficial with no qualifying points or times allocated against athlete’s season results.
At the conclusion of all races, families from the Bacchus Marsh and Melton Centres joined together for lunch at the Greendale Pub. This was a great opportunity for athletes and parents to gather in a relaxed atmosphere. Many thanks to all those who supported this social event.
Next Saturday’s Cross Country meet will be held at Rupert Vance Moon Reserve, Bacchus Marsh. Please meet at the rotunda near the car park, at the east end of the Avenue of Honour – just off the Western Highway amongst the market gardens. Athletes will walk the course at 10.15am and the first race will be held at 10.30am.
Those athletes competing at the State Cross Country Relays will be required to collect Centre singlets next week. Our merchandise officer will be in attendance at 10am to distribute singlets to athletes. A $25 refundable cash deposit is required.
The Centre have entered the following teams:
– Harry Johansen, Cohen Mills, Auden Sundqvist (BMLAC team)
– Sofia Anikeev, Evelyn Grant, Emilia Ibrahim (Western Metro Region team)
– Joshua Askew, Angus Norman, Mitchell Tung (BMLAC team), Miller Clark, Liam Way, Octavius Pirangi (WMR team)
– Anni Clarke, Lyla Clark, Iyla Robinson (BMLAC team)
– Zeke Horne, Logan Simons, Elijah Sundqvist (BMLAC team)